In the world of cosmetic dentistry, there are options around every corner. Do you want laser whitening or bleaching? Do you want Invisalign or metal braces? Do you want dental veneers or dental implants? However, when it comes to making the right decision for you and your oral health, Dr. Nazila Bidabadi can help steer you in the right direction. And when it comes to choosing between dental veneers and dental implants in Somerville MA, it’s important to be as informed as possible. Read on to learn more.
Dental implants are used to treat teeth that have had to be pulled either due to decay or to an injury. The dental implant procedure itself takes a bit of time to complete from start to finish because it requires some ample healing time in between each step. Each step of the process is laid out below:
- Your natural tooth will be removed.
- Your gums will need to heal for a month or two after the tooth has been removed.
- Dr. Nazila Bidabadi will then surgically implant a dental rod into your gums. This will act as your tooth’s root.
- After the gums around the rod have healed for a month or two, you will go back to see Dr. Nazila Bidabadi.
- A dental crown will be placed over the top of the dental implant. The crown will act and look like your natural tooth— allowing you to chew and smile properly again.
Dental veneers are another option for patients who are suffering from tooth decay or that simply want to make cosmetic adjustments to their teeth and smile. By filing down your natural tooth, Dr. Nazila Bidabadi will then glue on thin porcelain caps on top of your teeth, giving you a whole new smile.
As you can see, there are distinct differences between dental veneers and dental implants in Somerville MA. However, by understanding these differences, you can help to choose an option that’s best for you and your smile. Contact Dr. Nazila Bidabadi to learn more!